The Palace of Fontainebleau is one of the largest French royal châteaux.
The medieval castle and later château was the residence of French monarchs from Louis VII through Napoleon III. Napoleon I abdicated his throne there before being exiled to Elba. Today, it is a national museum and a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is located in the commune of Fontainebleau.
You can visit :
– the different Architecture
– the different apartments
– the Galleries and Napoleon III’s Theatre
– the Chapels
– the Four Museums etc…
- From Paris è about 1 hour, 70km
- The Château is opened every day except Tuesdays, 1 January, 1 May and 25 December.
– October to March: 9.30 am – 5.00 pm (last admission at 4.15 pm).
– April to September: 9.30 am – 6.00 pm (last admission at 5.15 pm).
- Tickets Price: 12,00 €