The Château de Chenonceau is a French château spanning the River Cher, near the small village of Chenonceaux in the Indre-et-Loire département of the Loire Valley in France.
It is one of the best-known châteaux of the Loire valley.
What to do in the castle ? :
- visit their beautiful huge garden of 70 hectare that you can walk in
- have lunch in their restaurant called “The Orangerie”
- Wine tasting :
Cave des Dômes is open every day from mid-March to mid-November.
The château’s historic wine cellar welcomes you for à la carte tastings under its superb 16th-century vaulted ceiling.
- It’s 2 hours 40 min away from Paris
- Entrance Ticket prices : 14 euros for adults / 11 euros for children between 7 till 18 years old.
Chartres Cathedral, also known as the Cathedral of Our Lady of Chartres (French: Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres), is a Roman Catholic church of the Latin Church located in Chartres, France, about 80 km (50 miles) southwest of Paris.
It is designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, which calls it “the high point of French Gothic art” and a “masterpiece”.
- It’s openned everyday from 8:30 am till 19:30 pm
Oscar-Claude Monet was a French painter, a founder of French Impressionist painting and the most consistent and prolific practitioner of the movement’s philosophy of expressing one’s perceptions before nature, especially as applied to plein air landscape painting.
Famous gardens of impressionist painter Claude Monet in Giverny, house, water garden and flowergarden.
There are two parts in Monet’s garden: a flower garden called Clos Normand in front of the house and a Japanese inspired Water Garden on the other side of the road.
It’s a must do, it is a gorgeous garden! You will enjoy walking and taking beautiful photos of the garden.
- From Paris, it’s about 73km away – 1 hr 15min
- It’s is open every day from 23th of March to the 1st of November 2018 from 9.30 a.m. till 6 p.m. – last admission 5.30 p.m.
- ENTRANCE FEES 2018 House and Gardens:
Adults : 9,50 €
child aged from 7 and students : 5,50 €
Child under 7 : free
Disabled : 4 €